NWR SCCA Board

Milton Tavern August 1, 2005

 

Tom Masterson, Sherri Masterson, Mark McCloskey, Kelly McCloskey, Julie Anderson, Frank Hamilton, Dan Carchano, Lou Ann Christensen, Ananda Siverts, Jerry Lamb, John Forespring, Guest: Bud Bohrer

 

Minutes approved as amended (Tom M., Jerry)

 

Treasurer's Report

Race is up-to-date.

 

Race

Race made $7,000 from the Double Nationals. An event took place 7/30-31st and Pennisula Subaru was happy. Race is raffling a trailer with 100% of the proceeds going to the Cancer Society. Stock Car race takes place 8/20-21st. Board asked Ananda to write SOVREN a thank you for their participation and help.

 

Time Trails

Club Trails weekend held on 8/13-14th with 29 entries. Instructors had a great time and committed to the Aug 13th Club Trails event. Mark showed the Board some awards he made. Only 9 temporary SCCA memberships were given away.

 

Solo

National Tour had 211 entries and held fun runs at the end of the day. Solo donated $2200 to charities. Jerry thinks the Region will get a Pro Solo next year. People bought a lot of raffle tickets at the National Tour and had good support from the Packwood community. Regional #5 will be held on 8/14. 

 

Rally

Rallycross was held at Brooklyn, which had 60 entries. A July 30th rallycross is scheduled for July 30th. Kim found 3 more potential rallycross sites and one site could be used for Solo. Solo asked for site details. Wild West Rally got some more sponsors.

 

Website

Board asked Ananda to change the passwords on the site and to put the next race event on the main page.

 

BMP

John is starting to get questions if we are going to be part of the new NASCAR track being built. BMP is cautiously optimistic. We need to keep track of ISC and Sherri mentioned there is a website posting the latest ISC news.

 

 

 

 

Old Business

Quarterly Meeting at Solo event. Next one is at Wild West. John asked each Assitant RE to promote these Quarterly Meetings and try to get members to show up and talk to the Board.

 

Ananda will email the Larry Danton letter to the Board.

 

New Business

Gloria Hale has a volunteer database for better tracking. Rally is trying to get a copy of the database.

 

Ananda will write a membership recruitment proposal.

 

John asked that venue take a look at the Regional evaluation worksheet.

 

Elections are coming up. Please bring nominations for Regional Executive, Assistant Regional Executive, Secretary, and two Board Members at Large. Elections will be held at the next Quarterly Meeting.

 

Retreat will be held on October 1st. Frank would like to get 2006 schedules done. 

 

Adjourn 21:12hrs (Dan C., Frank)