Home of ....
50 Years of Racing in the PNW
1405 NW Harrison Ave #203
Olympia, WA 98052
|> Teen Safety at School|
Explore each subject page above, for more information and links on that subject.
Tire Rack Street Survival
Requirements for the Car Being Brought to the Teen Safety School
1. The car must be in good mechanical condition and safe in the opinion of the instructor and there will be a brief safety inspection of the car before it is allowed to participate.
2. The car used at the event must be a legally registered, licensed and insured to participate. We will not accept any racecars or special use vehicles into the school.
3. The use of Nitrous Oxide will not be allowed in any vehicle so equipped. Our instructors will verify the bottle is turned off during the entire event.
4. No visible leaks of any kind.
5. The tires must have visible tread and not worn to or beyond the wear bars.
6. All four tires must have the recommended pressure as listed in the Owners manual for the car. Do NOT over inflate the tires past the recommended pressures. The pressures listed on the side wall of the tire is the MAXIMUM pressure, not the recommended pressure. [This is a good way for the parent to teach the teen how to fill the tires and to check them regularly].
7. The car, including the trunk, must be cleaned of all loose items before participating.
8. The battery must be secure
9. The spare tire must be secure
10. Have plenty of gas in the car for the dayís event
Suggestions for the Students Attending the School
1. Shoes must be closed toe, no sandals. We recommend running or tennis shoes
2. Hat, sunglasses, bug spray, sunscreen, rain gear, jeans or shorts are acceptable
3. Lunch may be provided by the school. Plenty of water.
4. Dress comfortably, plan on it being either hot or cold or wet and dress accordingly. Check the local weather report the night before the event, this suggestion is for the studentís comfort. The event goes on rain or shine.
5. Bring an open mind, with an attitude and willingness to learn.