NWR SCCA Drift
August 4th and 5th 2012
Join us in beautiful Packwood Washington for two days of drifting and good times.
While it is a bit of a drive you won't want to miss this special event. The Packwood site is a huge paved lot that will enable us to design some special courses to provide tons of run time and lots of fun.
Plan on camping or staying overnight in Packwood Friday and Saturday night to have maximum fun at this two day event. Single day and two day options are available.
For the best resource on local lodging and food options see the Destination Packwood website.Event Quick Info
Location: Hampton Mills in Packwood, WA
Contact: Email NWRSCCADrift(at)gmail.com for questions not answered in this event listing.
- 100% Online Pre-Registration
and payment is required.
- NO on site registration available.
- Cards and Checks are
accepted by the webform.
- Registration closes at
Midnight on Thursday 08/02/2012
Registration Link: MotorsportReg for Drivers
Entrant List: Driver Entry List
Tech Note: Due to noise concerns to keep the neighbors happy all must have a muffler to pass tech. No obnoxiously loud cars as it will endanger our ability to continue to use this site.
SCCA Full Annual Member:
One Day (Saturday OR Sunday)
Two Day (Saturday AND Sunday)
- Open Drift- $65
- Open Drift- $85
SCCA Non members must add the $15 Weekend member option to the prices above.Schedule:
- 9:00AM - Tech and Registration
- 9:40AM - Drivers Meeting
- 10:00AM - Drifting Starts
- 5:00PM - Saturday Drifting Ends
- 4:00PM - 4:30PM - Sunday Teardown / Cleanup (Sunday)
- SCCA Drift insurance rules require all drivers to be 18 years of age or older. Sorry to all the minors!
- SCCA Drift is a non-profit club run by volunteer drivers. All drivers are required to perform a work assignment to help run the event.
- If you are a SCCA annual member you save $15 every event. Non-members pay $15 more and receive a temporary weekend membership.
- If you plan on attending multiple SCCA Drift events this season, it's worth it to join the SCCA, especially if you are 24 years old or younger or active duty in the military.
- To join the SCCA go to http://www.scca.com/joinnow.aspx.
- Use Northwest Region - #027 for your region of record.
- Email us at NWRSCCADrift(at)gmail.com to get information for the additional $15 Member referral discount.
Well, here they are:
- NWR SCCA Drift Rules overview page
- Tech Note: Due to noise concerns to keep the neighbors happy all must have a muffler to pass tech. No obnoxiously loud cars as it will endanger our ability to continue to use this site.
Packwood Tips and Recommendations:
For the best resource on local lodging and food options see the Destination Packwood website. http://www.destinationpackwood.com/
We recommend staying Friday and Saturday night if you are doing both days.
Free on site camping is available Friday and Saturday nights (behave yourselves).
- There is a covered warehouse with concrete floors to park and stay in.
- Trash and Port-A-potties on site.
- Some water from the site manager's garden hose is available.
- NO power, or RV hookups available on site.
- No fire pits but BBQs and other stoves are fine provided you don't burn the place down.
There are no convenient tire changing options (the closest reliable shop is 30 minutes away) so bring all the mounted tires you need.
Be a good representative for the motorsports community. DO NOT SPEED or do anything stupid in town. It's a tiny town, it will get reported, and you will ruin Packwood for everyone else!! (Tons of autosports clubs use Packwood, they will kill you if you lose this spot for everyone). All area law enforcement love to write speeding and fix-it tickets so stay low profile.
Watch for Moose. They are everywhere and commonly cross the roads all throughout the area. Another good reason not to speed.
Mobile Coverage - Verizon, Sprint, Virgin, US Cellular have the best voice coverage. GSM carriers like ATT and T-Mobile have spotty voice and limited or no data coverage. Sprint has the best data coverage with others carriers bumped down to slow speeds, spotty reception, or no data at all.
There are multiple routes to choose from. The best list of routes can be found on the WWSCC site.
- Check pass reports before leaving for any routes that go over mountain passes (Cayuse Pass is open)
Minors - ALL MINORS (under 18 years old) must have a minor waiver filled out with a parental signature or they cannot be allowed in the site. Parents must be present on site to sign a minor in UNLESS a notorized minor is filled out ahead of them and brougt with the minor.
To get detailed information on the insurance waivers and to print out the minor waiver form, click here.
Watch this video if you don't know how rad Packwood is going to be.
We need help running events and encourage anyone to attend the monthly meetings to provide input and assistance for the program. Meeting dates and location info can be found here.
View Larger Map